Tips for Shooting Your Video
Stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of winning! We’ve put together a list of hints and tips to get your creative juices flowing and to help you create a stellar video. We are looking for entries that are imaginative, thought provoking, and fun.
Questions to keep in mind as you create your video:
Whether you’re cleaning up at the beach, a littered street, or in a public park, make sure your video includes a look at the space you’re cleaning up “before” and “after,” so we can appreciate the magnitude of your efforts! We know preventative measures for waste reduction are important, but for this challenge we want to hear about ways to clean up the world’s existing waste (there’s plenty of it). In addition, to documenting your clean up effort, we also want to hear your ideas for reducing waste and getting the #trashout in the future – be creative and surprise us!
Always be smart and safe about the spaces you’re cleaning up – never handle used needles, medical or biological waste, or other potentially hazardous materials.
Please note: we prefer to feel inspired, so do your best to share a hopeful vision of the future.
Questions to think about as you create your video:
· What are some of the ways trash is negatively impacting our environment?
· What specific changes do you think we could make in the future to address some of those issues?
· How might future technologies be used to help manage or clean up waste?
· How can we inspire people in our community and around the world to participate in smarter, more ethical waste management practices?
· How can gamification be used to encourage trash clean ups?
· Why is the simple act of cleaning important to you?
· How was the experience of cleaning up a public space – did othes ask what you were doing or why? Did others pitch in or ignore your efforts?
· What actions do you think individuals could take to make a difference both in the short-term and long-term?